Wednesday, April 18, 2007

See the Future (but it's actually the past...)


Ah well, as Fortune would have it, I've had no time to do a new illo for IF. So I'm posting an old one, which was originally part of a promotional piece I did a few years ago, to let clients know of my newly-acquired ability to work directly in Photoshop. There are so many things I would change if I were doing it now... I really was a newbie then. I'd been such a Luddite up to that point, I felt as if I were taking a wild leap from Medieval times into the future! And I suppose in a way I was-- I can't imagine doing my job without Photoshop now, even if I'm just using it to color-correct scanned art. But I still write almost everything--even grocery lists-- with a dip pen. Luddites die hard.

23 comments:

Janice Ykema said...

its still a lovely piece.. and an artist never truely stops revising work..(in my opinion) even if only mentally!

Juan Carlos Hernández said...

Very nice this work. And all other too.

HOLLi CONGER said...

Very nice! I love your calligraphy work!

studio lolo said...

beautiful! I love deja vu !!

Lunabee said...

Even if it is an older piece it's absolutely gorgeous, your style is amazing

KarMa said...

I love the colors and the eyes! Very expressive!

ciao
-Manuela

SLW said...

I love how her hair frames the image!

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Very nice work, as always.

Angela Matteson said...

Beautiful piece all around!! :)

Richard Franklin said...

Leah, you never cease to amaze; your pen and brush work are superb. Please don't let the machine gobble up your "medieval" skills.

Michelle Lana said...

ooooh...this is enchanting! Great!

trudette said...

This is so nice , really magical, like you'r unfolding a piece of paper

S. Leidigh said...

Great stuff, I love it. A good mix of photoshop and talent. I love "Tera Incognita".

Melissa H. said...

Very lovely, nice colour, and I love her eyes.

JO said...

Beautiful, the calligraphy and the look in her eyes, excellent.

M. Estes Zywar said...

Love how the faces glow from the center orb.
Beautiful style!

D.J. said...

Great piece! The eyes and hair are amazing... really beautiful work!

IamOSI said...

diggin the wide eyes! nicely done.

Ammon said...

Wow! Amazing! Wow!

Matt Jackson said...

Really nice work!
All of it,
There is a kind of puppetry to you work. In appearance and also the way you control your tools.
M

Terry Border said...

That be really good! Way to go!

Jennifer said...

Wow, really cool piece, great design and color!

Scott said...

Great piece. I love the your faces, especially the eyes. All of your work astounds me. I remember seeing your work in a children's magazine for the first time and was just amazed by it.